GothINC
Welcome to Goth.INC
Click here to Login & Register

Do not forgot loss or share your password
if you forgot your password then hit the "I fotgot the password" post in FeedBack with your registerd nickname in this forum and we will send you your new password in your Email.
Thank you
GothINC
Welcome to Goth.INC
Click here to Login & Register

Do not forgot loss or share your password
if you forgot your password then hit the "I fotgot the password" post in FeedBack with your registerd nickname in this forum and we will send you your new password in your Email.
Thank you
GothINC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GothINC

Welcome to GothINC Forum

HomeHome  RateMyPictureRateMyPicture  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Meaning of Success

Go down 
+3
Jublee
Jean
naughtyKid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
naughtyKid
Active User
Active User
naughtyKid

Male
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-10-21

The Meaning of Success Empty
PostSubject: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 2:53 am

One man began a speech to his college alumini with the statement, “Some of you are successes, and some of you are failures --- only God knows which are which!” There are many kinds of successes, many kinds of winners; and which is which may not first be apparent.

Esther Kim is a true champion with a heartwarming story. She competed against her childhood friend, Kay Poe in the U.S. Olympics Trials for her sport---Taekwondo (martial sport), Esther lost the match, but she went on to win all other fights, which still qualified her for the finals.

Her friend, Kay also won her successive matches. But in her last fight before the finals, disaster struck. Kay dislocated her knee and went down in great pain. Her knee was reset as she lay in agony on the mat. All the while, her friend, Esther encouraged her from the sidelines to finish the fight. Courageously, Kay stood up and on one good leg, concluded the match for a win.

The only contestants now remaining were Kay Poe, with an injured leg, and her friend, Esther Kim. One woman would be chosen from these trials for the Olympic team. I looked at her with one good leg against me with two good legs. Esther Kim recalled, “and I said, “It’s not fair!”

On the spot, Esther made a hard decision. She forfeited the match to her friend Kay, whose leg was sure to be fully healed for the 2000 Olympic Games. For her part, Kay bought Esther a ticket to Sydney, Australia so she might watch and cheer from the stands.

“This was our dream, going to the Olympics,” Esther said, “It’s so hard! I have cried about it.” But Esther discovered something important. I gave her my dream,” she said, “but for the first time ever, I feel like a champ.” Esther Kim won a victory of the spirit; which qualified her as the true champion.

As Kay Poe’s father remarked, “True champions aren’t always the ones who have all the medals.” No, sometimes they are cheering from the sidelines. For, success and winning is often about victories won in the hidden recesses of the heart.

Now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).
Back to top Go down
http://forum.guffshup.com/index.php
Jean
Admin
Jean

Female
Number of posts : 239
Job/hobbies : web making
Humor : :)
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Oh   The Meaning of Success EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 7:08 am

Oh :)
Back to top Go down
https://gothinc.forumotion.com
Jublee
Active User
Active User
Jublee

Female
Number of posts : 282
Job/hobbies : Games
Humor : yups yups
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:49 am

cool dear nice topic
Back to top Go down
http://groups.msn.com/kenwoodlyn
naughtyKid
Active User
Active User
naughtyKid

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 am

Jublee wrote:
cool dear nice topic

THANKS DEAR
Back to top Go down
Barsha
Active User
Active User
Barsha

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: ahh wow nice poem   The Meaning of Success EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 6:42 am

keep it on naughty boy but dont be nayghty be cool 👅
Back to top Go down
Leena
Active User
Active User
Leena

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 1:12 am

ńÂŰģĦŢŷĶĭĎ wrote:
One man began a speech to his college alumini with the statement, “Some of you are successes, and some of you are failures --- only God knows which are which!” There are many kinds of successes, many kinds of winners; and which is which may not first be apparent.

Esther Kim is a true champion with a heartwarming story. She competed against her childhood friend, Kay Poe in the U.S. Olympics Trials for her sport---Taekwondo (martial sport), Esther lost the match, but she went on to win all other fights, which still qualified her for the finals.

Her friend, Kay also won her successive matches. But in her last fight before the finals, disaster struck. Kay dislocated her knee and went down in great pain. Her knee was reset as she lay in agony on the mat. All the while, her friend, Esther encouraged her from the sidelines to finish the fight. Courageously, Kay stood up and on one good leg, concluded the match for a win.

The only contestants now remaining were Kay Poe, with an injured leg, and her friend, Esther Kim. One woman would be chosen from these trials for the Olympic team. I looked at her with one good leg against me with two good legs. Esther Kim recalled, “and I said, “It’s not fair!”

On the spot, Esther made a hard decision. She forfeited the match to her friend Kay, whose leg was sure to be fully healed for the 2000 Olympic Games. For her part, Kay bought Esther a ticket to Sydney, Australia so she might watch and cheer from the stands.

“This was our dream, going to the Olympics,” Esther said, “It’s so hard! I have cried about it.” But Esther discovered something important. I gave her my dream,” she said, “but for the first time ever, I feel like a champ.” Esther Kim won a victory of the spirit; which qualified her as the true champion.

As Kay Poe’s father remarked, “True champions aren’t always the ones who have all the medals.” No, sometimes they are cheering from the sidelines. For, success and winning is often about victories won in the hidden recesses of the heart.

Now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love” (1 Corinthians 13:13).
not bad i like this artical
Back to top Go down
naughtyKid
Active User
Active User
naughtyKid

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 1:20 am

Barsha wrote:
keep it on naughty boy but dont be nayghty be cool 👅

YES I WILL TRY 👅
Back to top Go down
Kristee

Kristee

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 am

lol
Back to top Go down
calling

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:34 am

gud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Meaning of Success   The Meaning of Success Empty

Back to top Go down

The Meaning of Success
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GothINC :: LifeStyle :: Poem & Story-
Jump to:  
Search